Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Learning to Wait Well

Well I made it to Seward in one piece and just praying my truck will hold together for one more season of work. It was nice to be back near the ocean with the snow capped mountains and moist air again. I still really like Seward senary wise and just the whole small ocean town feel of it. But its super expesive and they reaised sales tax up to 7% so I only am able to enjoy this town as long as my parents are living here- which doens't sound like it will be much longer, maybe a year or so if that.....As much as i enjoy living with them tempraryly now, it will be good for them to be able to retire and finally get to enjoy their house in Idaho. As for myself, I am eagerly and patciently waiting, some days better than other, for my phone call telling where my first dispatch will be to. There are a few tempting jobs going on right now in Seward, but I need to keep waiting because I know that when I do get the call-out to work, the job will be where I am supposed to go and be with a people I am supposed to work with. In the meantime I am trying to rest and get my stuff washed and my toold put back together.
My dog is getting older and more senile. She has a routine and oh man, if you even think about breaking it she will let you know. I have missed her a lot though these past 11 weeks! I am glad to be out of the big cities for a while. I still like the quiet peacefulness of small town living, even with its quirks and rock dwellers. The rock dwellers are of course everwhere, but they just seem to be a degree or so less intense in small towns, as compared to large cities.
today was particularly fun becaues I got to hang out with a friend and go Easter Egg hunting! Every year the town of Seward puts onthis huge Easter Egg hunt for the kids Easter weekend and for the past few years I got the day after and find all the eggs the missed. Well its been a few days since the kid's hunt, so me and my friend went acrossed the street from my old work and found over 50 something eggs. Sadly someone thought it would be a funny joke to take all the candy out fo the eggs and leave the empty eggs in the snow- sick "Beeps" ( I mean who in their right mind would hide empty eggs?), but even still it was a fun stress reliver and kind of a chance to be a kid again for an afternoon. Then i had to go home and let the dog out before she piddled on the floor. Made it just in time too. Old dogs have a hard time holding it! But she is still motating pretty well for being 13 going on 14 in May.

No comments: