Saturday, March 8, 2008

two weeks to go

Well I have made it ot the two week mark and so far everything is going great! I am looking forward to getting out of the hotel, although I have enjoyed my stay for the most part. I can definatly say that it hasn't been boring or anything....But than agian I am rarely bored by stuff. I would like to find myself a place to base out of though. And Seward, though I love being by the ocean and fishing and my parents, well its not the easiest place to come and go from as far as work goes- that is unless I get send out on roads projects or on the Aluetian chain for some time. Hopeing to see that part of the state real soon! But wherever I end up it will be a definate adventure! But will probley end up living in Anchorage (ish) area by this coming fall just to be near a more centeralized transportaion junction- something my work industry calls a jumping off hub. But right now its beautiful outside and it killing me to have to sit and homework. Its 40+ degrees with a slight wind and absolutelty beautiful! I was planning to try and get out later to change the spark plugs on my truck, so we'll see. I got the oil changed last weekend when the wind was cold and it the temps were near freezing. Not my ideal oil changing weather, but it needed to be done badly, so it was. Had some interesting run-in's with a co-student of mine this week. Apparently he doesn't like to take suggestions from short women who will stand their ground and push back when someone startes puching them around....Lets jsut say- it all ended well and I fully anticipate running into this attitude again. But at least I can stand u pfor my self and call B.S. when I experience it and not have just roll over and take it. ARGGGG! Like I told another of my friends, " I got teeth and though i done't like using them, you push my boundaries far enough you will get to experience them." And yes all my shots are current(smiling big).
The living situation is going okay. i see my roomate at school and occasionally when she needs to do her laundry or shower, otherwise she is basically living with her boyfriend and his rooamte inthe basment. There are a few inside jokes being made about that situations but I will refrane from posting them here. All I can say to the mind set of some poeple's children is "#@%!@#$% Mechanics!" So two weeks left and I am getting excited to start working again! Granted I have been working here, but its kind of different working in class and working on the job. And I am also starting to get the fishing bug too!

No comments: