Saturday, March 22, 2008

Yah- I've Graduated!!!!

Yes!!!!! I successfully completed my training program yesterday and had a most excellent barbeque/cake time with the rest of my class! I have never felt so much accomplishment before. I am very happy to have done so well and really feel like I have actually accomplished something. Granted, it is just one more huge step towards work and my future in the Union, and I am excited to the nth degree!!!! I look forward to my first upcoming work season and my first dispatch (ticket to adventure and more challenges).....With this said, if anyone has a short school bus, or large one, a van, or motor home that they don't need anymore- donations are always welcome as long as the main engine runs and it has brakes and tires. I will definatly pack my camera with me to my work site and try and keep my hand journal up so that when i have access to an internet you all will be entertained.

Okay- so another big accomlishment today was that I survived my road test in this huge old school dump truck, for my CLD upgrade to a class C with a automanic restriction. So here I am driving this beast which has absolutly the stiffest suspention I have every been around, this horrible shimmy at speeds over 45MPH, is coated in dried on mud (actually made the truck pretty looking) and almost had worse get-up-and-go speed than my little Toyota(which has a whimpy four cylinder engine). Yah so picture little ol shot me behind the wheel of this beast, having the steering wheel feeling like its trying to rip its way out of my hands on the turns, releasing clouds of dust and dirt clod through every bump and getting my butt litterly beaten flat from all the jaring, as I'm driving down the Glen Highway trying to road test. Pretty funny huh? But I did it, by golly! Greanted I am not breagging by any means when I say I sqeeked by on the points because this was one of the worst road tests I have ever taken. But me and the beast mad it though the course and back to the school in relatively one piece and I now am one step closer to being able to drive big truck (another random dream of mine). The shimmy was so bad that half way though the course my instructore had my pull into the Harley Davis parking lot in Wasilla and we got out and checked the lug nuts to make sure they weren't lose and spinning off and then checked the power steering and steering linkage. All seemed to be in place and tight, but dang did that old truck shimmy!!! Where's the holy water when you need it huh? Ha! So I am tired, but happy. I made it and am going to make it the rest of the way!

1 comment:

Obliviocelot said...

Yay!!! Congratulations, Grease Monkey! :D Encore encore, do it again! (Heh heh)