Friday, April 11, 2008

The Scoop

So here is the scoop on my work, or at least all I know until I actually get up to the slope ande get my work schedule, hours, and all that fun check-in stuff....I will be leaveing Anchorage May 1st at around 4:30 am heading to a town called DeadHorse somewhere up north. I am not sure this town is but will find out shortly when landing there. I will be going via Alaska Airlines so I can't imagine this place is all that small, but of course there are lots of other small towns in Alaska that have jet worthy runways and zilch for town size so I could be worng. Either way I am just excited to be going! I am not sure exactually yet about my tool box contents because I was told to pack a light but basic box with a volt/ohm meter and plane wise the entier box with contents has to be under 70lbs, so I am seeking help this week with this. I am going up as a RA Mechanic...basically a maintinence mechanic and will be doing all sort of small day to day fix it- keep it running type projects under a master mechanic. Basically I am the grunt, parts runner, helper type and am absoltuly thrilled because I am not picky either way about work as long as it pays decent and allows me to work with my hands. So there you have it. Exactually all of what I know until I get there. Yeah for adventures!!!

3 comments:

k-bomb said...

YEAH! But what about the poems. How crazy is this: I liked them so much I still have all the poems you sent out via email from four or five years ago. However, I haven't read them in a while.

Laura Young-aka:Grease Monkey said...

you probly have ones that I no longer have:)

Barry, Irina, and the Boys said...

Laura,

Congrats on the work up north. Sounds exciting!

I looked up Deadhorse on Google Earth. Looks industrial and very oil-involved. A lot of BP and Amoco buildings. Looks like it is a one-horse town (or at least, used to be until the horse apparently died.)

Keep us posted!