Yah- I know. Its been a while since my last post....Since I don't have time to do anything cool like put pictures in or give a detailed description of what all has been happening in the past few months, a quick update will have to do for now...
So since the last post I went back to the slope for my second hitch of work, had to put my dog down (she was 136 in dog years and not doing so well), and came back from the slope. My second hitch up there was highlighted by caribou, bugs, green tundra, welding, and terrible food. Oh yah, and the tourists are taking over Deadhorse as well. Currently I am waiting to hear back on my potential apartment in Palmer. If everything goes through- I'll be moving there tomarrow. It should be good. Would really like to move there. its closer to Anchorage, but not in Anchorage.
Anyhow. thats about it for now. Yes, I do have pictures and yes, I plan on updating my blog sometime before the 24 of this month (when I head back up north fo rmy third hitch).
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Tourists in deadhorse!?!! Wow, they're everywhere! ;-) Hope the apartment deal works out for you. Are you doing two weeks of work and two weeks off, or something like that? You show a lot of courage, Laura, to be embarking on what many would consider an arduous job/lifestyle. I congratulate you for taking life by the horns, as it were! Look forward to hearing (and seeing) more.
Post a Comment