Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Summer Adventures



I know this is a bit late in coming but I figured most of my adventures are going to be a bit delayed in the telling due to my work schedule. Had a blast the weekend before heading north. I went dip netting for salmon with my best friend's parents and here are the pictures her mom took along the way. Overall the adventure was awesome, even though the fishing part of it kind of didn't really happen like planned. But the camping part and the great company more than made up for the lack of fish. The first picture is of me at the copper river. It kind of reminded me of the Yukon River in interior Alaska, only faster moving and way more trees. From the parking lot we rode four-wheelers along this trail that used to be a old railroad track out to the dipping holes. Once we were at the dipping hole we climbed down the river bank and set the nets up and waited for the fish to swim in before quickly pulling the nets back in. Like I said earlier, the fishing part was slow, but hanging out down by the river was relaxing. We did end up getting some fish, and on the drive back to Palmer there was this brilliant double rainbow. I have only seen a rainbow like this once before when my family still lived in Interior Alaska. So it was pretty neat. Currently waiting for more pictures form my moose hunt. We got one and I got a lesson in field dressing it. Also very fun, so stay tuned.

4 comments:

Sarah Daphne said...

You always amaze me!

Laura Young-aka:Grease Monkey said...

Hey- your alive! Way not to keep in touch:) Like I'm one to talk too... So got a new address yet or phone number? Heading back up to the slope in a few hours. Hanging out at the airport here riding the moving sidewalk. I get way too much entertainment out of this at o-dark hundred in the am. Love ya!
Tora

Anonymous said...

Check out my web page: sarahdaphne.blogspot.com
Anita said you tried calling but my phone wasn't working...wierd...it's the same #. I'll try calling you soon!

Just Kris said...

Hey Lady! I just now noticed your comment on my blog page! I was so excited to hear from you! it's been a little while huh since we have connected huh? Your page looks great! I need to add a new blog to mine : ) What is your gmail address? well I am feeling way under the weather so sorry to cut this short! I miss you!!! Love and prayers, Kris