Saturday, November 22, 2008
Winter...
Hello again! I've had several people requesting a blog update and wondering where I've been for the past month. Apologies to all! I am alive and doing well for the most part. This last hitch up north was crazy busy- lots of issues with diesel trucks heading into the cold. Trucks and machinery running 24-7 due to the cold so little weak spots came out and things broke and messes ensued. There were a few days or -20* windchills, but the temperatures hung between 18* and 0*. And the cold season was just beginning....Can imagine these next four hitches or so will be equally challanging trying to keep the equipment running and thawed out. But at least I will have my mechanic's van back! It was in the shop all of last hitch and I was working out of my pickup- also challenging. Well lets see.. Not too much news other than work and sleep. I did manage to take a quick trip outside to see friends. I was shocked to fly out of winter an back into fall like stuff. I mean its the middle of November and there was no snow in either Montana or North Idaho. What the heck? It was really weird because this was the first time I was instantly homesick for Alaska as soon as I landed in Seattle.... But my visit with friends was great, especially the part where I got to hold 6 week old babies for three days. They are so cute and cuddly! Very awesome! But now I'm back and getting ready to go back on the slope Thanksgiving day. I do get Christmas and New Years off though so that will be good. But I still really love my job and the whole mechanicing thing. Its a new adventure every time I go up north and my scheduled r&r's are nice too. Will get pictures posted a little later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey Lady! I am doing great! I leave Juneau yet again tomorrow. This time I am headed to Kotzebue for work until March 30th! I am very excited, never been there and I am all winter geared up : ) Where exactly are you working in the winters again? Denali? I hope you have a great Christmas buddy! Miss you!
Post a Comment