Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Holiday Break

Greetings once again...yes I am still alive and doing well. Still working up north and am now nearing my last week of break before I go back to work. Seems like time has begun to accelerate even faster than before. And I am glad to be home for a few days before hanging out with friends some more. This past hitch was incredibly fun. I felt guilty some of the time because I was having so much fun, where as it was work and work is supposed to be- well work. It was interesting too because that was the darkest period of the year where the sun didn't come up at all. We had light for three-ish hours a day but it was like predawn and dusk all in the same time frame. I also happened to luck out hitting the full moon cycles so it was very different to have the moon traveling in the sky in place of the sun, and though not as bright, giving off a lot of silvery light...its kind of hard to describe but it felt like being on another planet and I really enjoyed the entiredty of the experience. I am not having a problem with the cold or the dark, just trying to keep my fingers from freezing. Thats about the only part of winter wrench turning I don't enjoy- the pain that comes from both the pre-freeze and the thawing stages. But as long as I keep from freezing completely I'll be okay. I am so happy the light is starting to come back though! Yah- we're over the hump and heading into the slide towards summer and fishing....Not that I'm counting the months (5) until the first runs of salmon start...Definatly going fishing this summer!

1 comment:

Just Kris said...

lHey Fritz! Thanks for the comment! It's always so nice to hear from you! How I do miss our times together! I found some of the great pictures of us together! I wish I had a scanner here with me so I could share them with you! I am a big scrap-booker these days so i am planning a page from that great trip we took together! what fun that was huh? Oh I miss those days... sigh doesn't it seem soooo long ago! I am glad that we still stay in contact! I thought that was cool you were flying over head me! i do really enjoy it here and I second you on the gaining light! I defiantly can tell a difference! Today was a full moon! Did you see how big it was? oh man! Well my friend I truly hope our path will cross one day soon. Love and lots of prayers, Kris